Thursday, January 18, 2007

89 TEC 9

I was living out of range of Columbia University's W-KCR 89.9 radio station, in the early 90's, and specifically their groundbreaking & legendary hip-hop mix show, "The Stretch Armstrong & Bobbito Show." I was living in Japan at the time, and the only two decent ways to stay up on hip-hop were a) The Source Magazine (remember, they hadn't gone completely down the drain at that point) and b) tapes of this radio show. The show was so popular, even in Japan, that cats would fly to NY to tape the Saturday night shows, and fly back to Japan and sell the bootlegs in small clothing stores around the country. I loved it. I still got some of the tapes hidden away somewhere. So anyway it literally made my day when I found out that Stretch Armstrong's blog has mp3 rips of the show you can stream or download. I found the link here (these guys never fail me) and they found it here. Thanks fam. Even if I had to use my AK, I'd still have to say that today was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home