Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Say It To My Face!

I'm a bit of a biology geek, so when there is a program on any of the Discovery Network channels, like "The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off," "Born Without A Face," "I Am My Own Twin," "The Girl Who Turned To Stone," or "Manar's Story: Born With Two Heads" I immediately stop channel surfing toward My Super Sweet Sixteen, and watch in surgical shocking awe. And I know I'm not the only one because after viewing what has become one of my favorites, the joint about Novemthree, the boy with a tumor for a face, I came into the office talking about it, and ColorNinja was equally excited about the ill amounts of tumor shaving, bone scraping, flesh removal, and reshaping as I was. Novemthree's expressed joy from finally being able to see again was infectious. Plus his name was dope. He kind of became our hero. He unfortunately passed away in 2005, but I will never forget his story. Or his face. Before (seen above), or after.

So you've probably seen this girl Marlie Cassius from Haiti, who suffers from a similar disorder, leaving her with the ill tumerous blobbular grill. Over the past year she has undergone 4 surgeries to remove her 16 pound face-tooth and give her some semblance of a normal life. In my dreams, She and Novemthree would meet at some giant get together like twins and kids with Progeria do on Maury, and she would become Novemthree's girlfriend, and they would spoon each other and whisper stories in broken french and indonesian to each other about slowly watching their faces become distended like balloons, and maybe they'd even have little petnames like "gummy bear"and "hippo face"for each other. To make up for the bum cards they were dealt, the heavenly skies would part, and karma would bless them with a baby girl and she would be totally normal, and perfect, and beautiful, and she would become an exotic Indohatianesian supermodel, and the whole world, at war for natural resources would pause, and squash the fighting due to her unbelieveable beauty and we would finally achieve world peace as all people and nations turn their attention to being on her friggin jock. Dreams.
So cheers to Marlie and her new face. I only hope she doesn't become caught up on the fact that they've made her new mouth look just like an anus.


In other face news, Isabelle Dinore, the French woman who had the face transplant is flossin her new grill as well. I'm into pictures, so here's her face. I think she looks like a cross between this girl I used to be friends with and Stockard Channing.
She is gaining more motility and sensitivity in her immigrant flesh, after her indiginous casing twice tried to deport it. Doctors put the nay-no on that damie sty with immuno depressants. But I could swear I read that she immediately went back to smoking cigarettes after recieving the new face, so even though it's working out for her, I kinda think fuck her. I watch Nip/Tuck. I know you're not supposed to smoke after surgery on some I'm gonna vasoconstrict like an anaconda shit. Do like Ice Cube and "quit playin!"

1 Comments:

Blogger blogzilla said...

she's french - she was probably smoking during surgery while under general anesthetics

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home