Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Coachella 06

Like 60,000 other people (that don't write for this blog) I went to Coachella this weekend. I sweat till I could taste the salt on my upper lip, and i'm pretty sure I now need hearing aids. Even though it took us 3 hours to get down that final road to enter Coachella, and I missed Lady Sovereign, Common, and most of Kanye, it was totally worth the trip, the money, the pain, and loss of necessary electrolytes.

I saw the end of Kanye, Imogen Heap, some of Sigur Ros, Damien Marley, Cat Power, and Depeche Mode on Day 1.

Day 2 was jam packed, and a lot of the sets I wanted to see had conflicting schedules. But I think I made out pretty good with the end of Giant Drag, Murs featuring 9th Wonder, some of Amadou & Mariam, James Blunt (by osmosis), Halfsies of Phoenix, and Metric, Jamie Lidell, Gnarls Barkley, Halfsies on Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Digable Planets, a bit of Seu Jorge as I ate dinner, Massive Attack, The Go! Team, and last but not least, Tool.

Besides contributing to my hearing loss, I did some stuff, like take pictures and video.


I said hi to my best friend, Murs.
(we've never met before)


This woman thought Coachella was mexican for "Pajama Party"

Early in the day of 2, I wondered what the jurassic ringing in my ear was, and I found the answer here: this pretty insane looking sculpture that made noise depending on how you touched it.


While waiting to meet ole Nimaneems on day 2, I wandered around and took pictures of these artist designed recycling bins. I was trying to Pokemon (catch em all) but unfortunately my camera is a beast, and it eats batteries like that skinny japanese guy does hot dogs. So I came up short. I did manage to find an online gallery that has pictures of 2005's bins (many of which were also displayed this year)

here's a few of mine. see the rest here





And because you're still reading this, here are some of my video clips. Remember that thing about my camera eating batteries? Well, it's also really lame because it only takes short videos. Sue me.

Damien "Jr Gong" Marley performing Welcome to Jamrock


Again, with a fantastic reworking of Could You Be Loved?


Imogen Heap performs Hide And Seek

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home